Cyber Defense Summit
Chairman: Dr. Eric Cole
CPE Credits: 16
Pre-Summit Course Dates: August 13 - August 18, 2014
Summit Dates: August 19-20, 2014
Prevent. Detect. Respond.
The mission of SANS' Cyber Defense curriculum, led by Dr. Eric Cole, is to teach individuals the essential skills and techniques needed to protect and secure an organization's critical information assets and business systems.
Now, for the first time, cyber defense practitioners will come together for a two-day Summit to share real-life success stories, best practices, and tips that are immediately actionable. Attendees will walk away from the Summit with the experience-based, practical advice they need to avoid having their organizations become the next headline in the Wall Street Journal for being the victims of a breach.
Topics and themes to be explored include:
- Data discovery - finding your most critical data so you can lock it down
- Using the Critical Security Controls as a basis for cyber defense
- Metrics and dashboards that really matter
- Insider threats
- Next-gen firewalls
- Using SIEM to detect attacks
- Building out and setting up SOCs
- Continuous monitoring
- Detecting and responding to advanced intrusions
- Network forensics v. packet analysis
Special Offers for All Attendees!
This offer reduces the Summit registration fee from $1,495 to $495 when purchased in conjunction with a full price 5-6 day course a savings of $1,000! The discount is automatically applied when the Summit and a qualifying course are both selected during registration. http://www.sans.org/info/156535
SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style - Dr. Eric Cole
SEC440: Critical Security Controls: Planning, Implementing and Auditing - Kevin Fiscus
SEC464: Hacker Guard: Security Baseline Training for IT Administrators and Operations with Continuing Education - Kevin Fiscus
SEC503: Intrusion Detection In-Depth
SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling - Michael Murr
Cyber Defense Summit - Dr. Eric Cole
- Receive a discount of up to $400 for any 4-6 day course paid for by Wednesday, June 25, 2014
- Receive a discount of up to $250 for any 4-6 day course paid for by Wednesday, July 9, 2014
- No refunds available after Tuesday, August 12, 2014.