Annual Convention & Exposition
The Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) Annual Convention & Exposition will be held Feb. 23-25, 2018, at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center. The Annual Convention offers more than 40 continuing education (CE) programs, or approximately 21 hours of live CE activities, throughout the weekend, including at least one pain program, one law program and one patient safety program each day.
Annual Convention Highlights
- The MPA Annual Convention & Exposition provides approximately 40 quality continuing education programs on the latest in pharmacy.
- The Exhibit Hall will be open on Friday and Saturday, giving everyone a chance to take a break from attending educational programs.
- The MPA 50/50 Raffle is conducted throughout the weekend, with a winning ticket drawn on Sunday. A minimum of $500 is awarded each year!
- The Michigan Pharmacy Foundation (MPF) Charity Auction occurs throughout the weekend too. There are many unique items to choose from such as jewelry, art, vacations and autographed memorabilia.
- On Saturday, practice section members, students or those who just want to catch up with your colleagues all have the opportunity to attend a luncheon for those with similar interests.
- Local association leaders gather during the weekend for their annual program that, in the past, has provided valuable tools for increasing membership and holding innovative events.
- After wrapping up CE sessions on Saturday, attendees get dressed up and head to the cocktail reception and Annual Banquet & Awards Ceremony. The incoming president is officially sworn in and pharmacy leaders in Michigan are recognized with various awards.
- Student pharmacists also have the opportunity to attend the Banquet and network with practicing pharmacists through the MPF Adopt-a-Student program.
- Continuing education sessions continue until 2 p.m. on Sunday and business is conducted during MPA’s House of Delegates Session.
Our Exhibiting Opportunities
MPA offers exhibit space at a variety of events throughout the year to provide companies with a chance to showcase their products and services.
MPA Annual Convention & Exposition
Last weekend in February
The MPA Annual Convention & Exposition attracts nearly 1,500 pharmacy professionals each year, including pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, academia, pharmacy owners, student pharmacists and more. The 2018 event will be held Feb. 23-25 at the Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center.
Michigan Pharmacists Association (MPA) was established Nov. 14, 1883. MPA is the state professional society serving Michigan’s pharmacists, pharmacy technicians and student pharmacists in all settings of practices. For more than 130 years, MPA has strived to provide its members with the tools, resources and support needed to advance the profession of pharmacy and provide quality patient care.