About the MVC
Hosted by the OVMA, the Midwest Veterinary Conference is packed with opportunities for veterinarians, technicians, hosptial staff, shelter professionals and students to get educated, get connected and get informed. The MVC is considered to be a national convention, and each year, it draws between 5,000 and 6,000 veterinary professionals from across the United States and Canada. Year after year, attendees give high marks to all aspects of the Conference, from speakers and education to the Exhibit Hall and special events.
The Conference, held annually during the last week/weekend of February, brings together myriad expert speakers to converge with veterinary professionals and students from all disciplines of veterinary medicine. With more than 400 hours of continuing education sessions and wet labs in nearly two dozen tracks, the MVC is truly an educational event that can't be missed.
Topics range from the familiar (like pet animal and behavior) to the exotic (such as aquaculture and alternative medicine), and attendees will hear from speakers with experience working in research, government, academics, zoos, shelters, and veterinary clinics. In addition, attendees have the opportunity to expand their personal and professional development with sessions on ancillary topics - including stress management, social networking, interviewing, internal controls and performance evaluations.
The MVC Exhibit Hall
The Midwest Veterinary Conference just isn't complete without the Exhibit Hall! Located in the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the Exhibit Hall is a 98,000-square-foot expo center with more than 200 booths. You'll find the latest technology, new products, innovative ideas, and invaluable services offered by everything from small local companies to well-known nationwide organizations.
In addition to dozens of booths, the Exhibit Hall also features:
Complimentary shoe shine station;
A Wellness Center with titer testing;
Fast Cash & Prizes raffle drawings;
A cafe with lunch service;
A career opportunities board, where you may post jobs and read about open positions;
An Internet Cafe;
The OVMA Auxiliary Silent Auction;
An attendee lounge; and
MVC Charities in Action donation sites.
Exhibit at the Midwest Veterinary Conference!
Why exhibit at the 2014 MVC? Top 10 Reasons
1. The Midwest Veterinary Conference is considered to be a national-level event by many veterinary industry suppliers, and it is the fifth largest veterinary conference in North America. It is the largest state VMA-hosted conference in the U.S.
2. Professionals travel from across the U.S. and Canada to attend the MVC, with nearly 5,900 attendees in 2013.
3. Convenient, affordable location for both exhibitors and attendees.
4. Cost-effective exhibit space fees in comparison to other events of the same or similar size
5. Core audience attendance was 3,453 in 2013.
6. Widely attended by veterinary professionals, including veterinarians, veterinary technicians, hospital managers, hospital staff, veterinary and technician students, animal welfare professionals, and students.
7. 90% of attendee evaluations rated the 2013 MVC as greater than or equal in value to conferences of the same or similar size.
8. Three hours of designated Exhibit Hall-only time each day.
9. Returning exhibitors given priority in booth selection.
10.Online, real-time booth selection in accordance with the Selection Dates schedule.
About the OVMA
For more than 100 years, the Ohio Veterinary Medical Association has served its membership and the public at large by promoting the ideals of veterinary medicine, fostering relationships among veterinarians and their communities, and increasing awareness of issues surrounding veterinary medicine.