Based on the book, STEPS to Safety Culture Excellence, the authors will lead this workshop and provide a detailed roadmap on how to develop a three to five year safety excellence business plan. This two-day workshop is limited to ten participants. It would be helpful if each attendee read the book prior to the event to escalate the discovery process.
STEPS is a universal process for identifying, prioritizing, and solving safety problems at the organizational, behavioral, conditional, or cultural levels. Using one process for addressing all safety issues eliminates the need for continuously bringing in new consultants, programs, and approaches that create the "flavor of the month" mentality. ProAct Safety® recently compiled data on over 1,100 sites that requested our help in improving safety. The commonalities of these sites' issues has led to a new approach to solving safety problems and permanently implementing continuous improvement. The approach includes organizational structure, problem identification, issue prioritization, action plan development, improvement metrics, and a motivational and marketing strategy to ensure sustainability. The process is called STEPS (Strategic Targets for Excellent Performance in SafetySMSM).
- Develop a solid understanding of a safety excellence strategy
- Learn the leading causes of safety program ineffectiveness and failure
- Examine a standard methodology used by excellent safety organizations to identify virtually any type of safety issue or problem
- Learn to use statistical tools to prioritize issues by their potential impact
- Learn to develop action plans to solve safety problems
- Explore innovative ways to measure success and progress
- Discover how one process can replace multiple programs and allow for seamless transition of focus without causing a flavor-of-the-month culture
Workshop Takeaways - Attendees will be provided with:
- Electronic Materials (Templates) to return to their organization and facilitate discussions for the creation of their unique safety excellence strategy.
- A 60-Minute Recorded High-Level Webinar outlining the key STEPS to Safety Culture Excellence methodologies. This will help convey the messages and build support and understanding for the necessary path forward. Moreover, this can also help during on-boarding of future leaders to provide an understanding of why the strategy was created, furthering the future support necessary as the organization continuously improves safety performance and culture and acquires or promotes new leadership talent.
- Access to Shawn M. Galloway or Terry L. Mathis from 8 am to 5 pm CT during the week by email and phone for one month following the workshop, to help support efforts by coaching and advising through the initial creation of the strategy. If not immediately available, calls and emails will be returned within 24 hours.
- A personalized autographed copy of the book, STEPS to Safety Culture Excellence.