Illinois PHCC Member Benefits
Illinois PHCC Mission Statement
Through a commitment to excellence, our Plumbing-Heating-Cooling Contractors strive to protect the environment, health, welfare, and safety of the residents of Illinois.
Government Relations: The need to be heard in Springfield and Washington, DC has never been greater. Our members profit from pro-active legislation that is conducive to good business, and protected from legislative actions that are detrimental to the business climate. At the state level, protection and strengthening of the Illinois Plumbing License Law is one of our top priorities.
Representation with Regulatory Agencies: The Illinois PHCC has representatives on many regulatory/advisory boards within state government. This representation provides the plumbing & piping industry with input into the regulatory process and also helps to prevent actions that may be harmful to our industry. Following are some examples of PHCC representation with state agencies:Illinois Plumbing Code Advisory Council
• Plumbing Industry AdHoc Committee
• Green Building Advisory Council
• Subcommittee on Building Codes & Regulations
• Lead Poisoning Elimination Advisory Council
• Uniform Building Code Task Force
• Capital Development Board Advisory Board
• IEPA Public Water Supply Rate Board
• Liaison with IDPH Plumbing Program
• Liaison with IEPA Cross Connection Program & ERTC
Representation with Other Industry Groups: Representatives from the Illinois PHCC are members of and participate in the activities of the Illinois Plumbing Education Association, Illinois Plumbing Inspectors Association, American Society of Plumbing Engineers, the American Backflow Prevention Association, IAPMO Green Technical Committee, and others.
Networking Opportunities: All three levels of the PHCC federation offer great networking opportunities. Conventions, trade shows, local meetings and educational events all provide time to learn from others.
Education: Seminars, continuing education, round tables and panel discussions are provided during Illinois PHCC events.
News: Keep updated on the latest happenings in the industry via the award winning Illinois Master Plumber magazine, PHCC OnLine, The Connection and local newsletters. The Illinois PHCC website, www.ilphcc.com is a good source of information and industry links.
Scholarships: The Illinois PHCC and the Auxiliary both offer annual scholarships to aid those wishing to further their education.
Safety Tape Library: A lending library of DVDs is available for the use of all members to aid them in safety and risk management presentations to their employees. There is no charge for the use of the materials.
Industry Promotion: The Illinois PHCC is always working to promote our industry throughout the state and even the nation. The Plumbing Coalition for Public Health and Safety is just one example of how we work to “get the word out” about licensed, professional plumbers.
Magnetic Vehicle Signs: To help contractors comply with Illinois’ construction vehicle lettering requirement, the Illinois PHCC is offering magnetic signs for trucks, vans, and trailers at discounted rates. New members are eligible to receive two signs free of charge.
Programs to help a contractor’s bottom line:
• Federated Insurance offers complete business and health insurance programs that are tailored to our industry. They offer risk management materials and programs at no additional charge to their clients.
• IC Systems is a debt collection service offered to, and used successfully by Illinois PHCC members.
• PHCC National Discount Programs offer savings up to 25% on some of a contractor’s regular business expenses. For example, Aramark work apparel and uniform services offers a 25% discount to PHCC members; save 10% on all stationary, forms, checks, software, labels and related printed products from NEBS Business Forms; free marketing tools and discounted services from Hudson Ink’s Marketing Tools; save $500 when you purchase a new vehicle with the Chrysler, RAM, Jeep Rebate Offer; get a free fleet analysis from Enterprise Fleet Services; merchant credit card programs and much more.
Source: Event Website
|Do it Best Corp. Spring Market||Indianapolis||Indiana||-||-||May 18|
|2019 National Railroad Construction & Maintenance Association - NRC-REMSA||Marco Island||Florida||1,100||150||Jan 6|
|Building Innovation 2019 Conference & Expo||Washington||District of Columbia||5,000e||-||Jan 7|
|Build Expo - Austin||Austin||Texas||1,500e||120||Jan 9|
|Verizon 2019 In Building Technology Users Forum||Austin||Texas||238||70||Jan 13|