Formerly known as International Public Works Congress & Exposition-“The Best Show in Public Works”
PWX draws thousands of public works professionals from all over the world. If you're like many, you have limited resources for professional development, so you've chosen APWA's PWX 2018 in Kansas City as your preferred venue for:
- Outstanding education sessions that address current public works issues—as well as ongoing challenges. Choose from more than 125 technical and professional development sessions that will be presented by your colleagues—who will impart their vital knowledge and experience to you. APWA's education sessions are based on the very latest learning models—classroom, interactive and "live" learning labs.
- The chance to see an extensive gathering of exhibitors and The Expo Experience that will showcase the latest products, services and technologies specific to public works. Special "non-compete" hours allow you to visit the floor—uninterrupted.
- Opportunities to network with your peers, hone your leadership abilities and learn new job skills. APWA offers PWX attendees MANY opportunities to meet and mingle with your peers—the Get Acquainted Party, Awards Ceremony and more! Build lasting professional relationships and make a few lifelong friends at the same time.
Who Should Attend?
- Public Works Directors
- Superintendents and Managers
- Directors and Managers of Operations and Operations Personnel
- City and County Engineers
- Consulting Engineers
- Construction Directors and Managers
- Solid Waste Managers and Coordinators
- Public Fleet Directors and Managers
- Public Facilities and Grounds Directors and Managers
- Water Services Directors and Managers
- Streets/Roads/Bridges Directors and Managers
- Transportation Directors and Managers
- Stormwater and Flood Control Directors and Managers
- Emergency Management Directors and Coordinators
- City Planners
- Sustainability Specialists
- Anyone else whose responsibilities are public works-related
- Career & Personal Development
- Construction Management
- Emergency Management
- Engineering & Technology
- Fleet Services
- Parks & Grounds
- Snow & Ice
- Solid Waste
- Stormwater/Flood Control
- Traffic Engineering
- Water & Wastewater
About the APWA:
The American Public Works Association (APWA) serves professionals in all aspects of public works—a fact that sets it apart from other organizations and makes it an effective voice of public works throughout North America. With a worldwide membership over 28,500 strong, APWA includes not only personnel from local, county, state/province, and federal agencies, but also private sector personnel who supply products and services to those professionals.