Founded in 1942, NASBP is the association of and resource for surety bond producers and allied professionals. NASBP producers specialize in providing surety bonds for construction contracts and other purposes to companies and individuals needing the assurance offered by surety bonds. NASBP producers engage in contract and commercial surety production throughout the United States, Puerto Rico, Guam, and a number of countries. They have broad knowledge of the surety marketplace and the business strategies and underwriting differences among surety companies. As trusted advisors, professional surety bond producers act in many key roles to position their clients to meet the underwriting requirements for surety credit.
NASBP is solely dedicated to the needs and interests of surety bond producers and serves a membership with personnel of over 5,000 surety agents and brokers. NASBP takes action on behalf of its membership and the practice of suretyship by
- engaging decision-makers and strategic partners,
- advocating for access to surety bonding, preservation of bonding requirements and nondiscriminatry practices,
- advancing the role of surety professionals, professional development, and equitable risk environments, and
- empowering surety professionals with grassroots efforts.
- NASBP is the association of and resource for surety bond producers.
The National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP) had its origin in a meeting of several surety agents who gathered during the summer of 1942 to decide how to respond to a growing practice of waiving bonds on war-related construction projects.
Source: Event Website